Owning and adopting cats is very amazing cats, yes can coil around you alluringly but they also can be very wild, they scratch and bite, however, cat bite is just a cat bite, and, despite that fact that cat bites look a lot smaller than dog bites, but you need to know that cat bites are more serious, as they have certain features that make them more dangerous
Cats Are Cute But…
- Although cats seem to be very cute, cuddly and lovely, sadly their razor-sharp teeth can are capable of penetrating and destroying tissues, ligaments, and tendons, it has been found as well that the bite’s infection as well can set in from an organism that is contracted from a bite, and this cant not only cause pain, but you may also feel worried about the consequences and results of this bite.
- So, if you are adopting or owning a cat, or if you are worried about the cat’s bites, no worries, this article is just for you, as we will dig in deeper and deeper in cats bite’s world, to focus on and reveal everything you need to know about cat bite’s and how you should react toward this, so if you are still interested, keep reading and check this out xoxo.
First of all, we need to know are cats bites dangerous?
Are Cats Bites Dangerous?
The answer is, of course, yes, cat bites can be very serious and dangerous for animals and even us humans two-legged folks, and this is because there is a kind of bacterium which is carried in the cat saliva, and after the cat licks an open wound or bites a human skin hard this can break the surface of the skin, and lead to an infection which is called cat scratch disease, also the bite can cause a condition called cellulitis, or a septicemia, which means, in other words, blood poisoning.
So, now let’s get to know the signs and symptoms that are resulted in cats bites,
Symptoms Of Cats Bites
- First of all, you need to know that the symptoms of cat scratch disease may look like other conditions or medical problems, but all in all, the signs may include the following:
- Body rash, in addition to, some flu- symptoms that may include headache, decreased appetite, fatigue, joint pain, fever, along with, Painful or swollen glands that may be found under the arms or in the groin, you also may experience that the bite may be reddened or swollen within a few days.
- You may experience as well, redness and this redness can vary from light pink to dark, moreover, you need to know that the spreading of redness could indicate blood poisoning, also, you need to be aware that some bites can lead to an unusual odor. As the wound may smell if untreated, needless to say as well that the cat bite can abscess can look like a pimple or boil.
- In addition, you may experience the following symptoms Tenderness and swelling of the lymph nodes, chills, fatigue, sore throat, along with, nausea, vomiting, and loss of appetite.
- It is crucial and important to know that cats bite symptoms typically occur three to thirty days after the bite, although these signs and symptoms may develop in the first one to two weeks. But the results and illness usually last two to four months but may last up to a year in the worst cases.
So, now let’s reveal the tips and what should you do if a cat bites you
How To Deal With Cats Bites?
You need to make some quick and immediate actions, that may include the following:
- First of all, you have to wash your hands and the wound several minutes with antibacterial soap and water, also you can put on rubber gloves on the wound before beginning treatment, you need as well to ensure to flush out as much bacteria as possible, so, all that you have to do is to press on the wound, and although this may cause some bleeding. , but it will help to move the bacteria from the wound, in addition, in the case of bleeding, you have as well to apply direct pressure to the wound with a clean, dry cloth until the bleeding stops.
- Moreover, you have to wrap and dress the wound in a sterile bandage, and this will happen after sterilizing the wound with Betadine, or in a solution of peroxide or along with applying an antibiotic ointment or cream.
- Another important note that you should take in your consideration, which is that you shouldn’t, by all means, underestimate a cat bite, that’s why, you have to visit your doctor as soon as possible, you need to know that the period of treatment depends on several factors, which may include the severity of the bite, the preexisting health in addition to your immune system.
- And regarding how long that bite can set in, it has been found in many recent studies that the average period a cat to notice the cat’s bites infection is about 12 hours after the bite.
So, finally, how can we prevent cat bites as much as we can?
How To Avoid Cats Bites?
One of the simplest and easiest ways that you can follow and apply is just never going near a cat that you do not know, you have to stop but of course, in a nice way, your cat from doing something can end with a bite to your hand or arm.
In addition, you need as well to learn and train yourself to play with your cat without engaging in aggression