Bringing a 6-week old furry four-legged puppy into your life marks the start of an awesome long-lasting companionship and friendship, yes we all agree that nothing is cuter than bringing and owning in your home a six-week-old puppy. You probably seem to be like a tiny furball.
Caring For A 6-week Old Puppy
However, it’s not an easy task as all to take care of a 6-week old puppy. This is considered to be a challenge for many pet owners and dogs’ parents. But, its can also be a delight and enjoyable feeling for others, as an owner, it is very important to consider one main point which is, it is essential to do your best in order to get it right from the beginning, and that’s why your dog happiness and health mainly rely and depend on you.
6-weeks old puppies need to learn behaviors, also they need as well regular socialization training, in addition to positive reinforcement to learn the rules and to know how to contact positively with humans and other pets, so in this article, we will dig deeper and deeper in the puppies world in order to reveal a full and complete guide regarding how to take good care of 6 weeks old puppies, in addition to focusing on tips and tricks about knowing what to feed a puppy at 6 weeks, and many more issues that will be uncovered, so if you are still interested to keep reading and check this out xoxoxo.
How To Take Care Of A 6-Week Old Puppy?
- First of all, you need to consider to specify a special place or corner for your dog, as you need to find a calm place for your tiny puppy to take a rest and relax, it is important to know as well that puppies need to sleep well and relax, that’s why crates or deep basket bed will be a perfect option to consider for your puppy.
- Second, you need to consider preparing and buying your puppy’s supplies, and these supplies may include the following: a leash and this should be a 4-6 foot lightweight nylon unit, a collar which is made of leather or nylon materials, in addition to, puppy shampoo, food, and water bowls, nail trimmers, waste bag, along with, dog brush.
- Third: regarding feeding your puppy, it is a key thing to know very well that puppy food is made in smaller pieces in order to be easier to chew., you need to know that you can feed your dog solid dry food, and also you can feel free to mix a small quantity of wet food with dry food.
- also, you need to be aware of the fact that you have to serve food for your a 6-week-old puppy several times a day to keep its blood sugar steady and supply it with the suitable energy.
- It is very crucial as well to keep your puppy hydrated, that’s why you need to remember to serve and provide your puppy with fresh water and keep the water bowl filled and clean every time.
- Fourth: regarding the nature calling and potty training, you can try to teach your dog the potty command, as you need to take your puppy to its potty zone, which can be outside in the grass, on potty pads, then you will start training it, and trying to encourage your 6 weeks old puppy by rewarding it with a tiny, chewy treat each time, it managed to pass the training, and This will make the ting puppy feels that it is doing something right and by the time it will complete the training process.
- Fifth: it is the time of the socialization training: in this step, you need to introduce your puppy to many people and pets, and this can be done simply by Inviting your friends to your home and ask them to deal with your puppy when it comes to feeding and socialization.
- It is important as well to consider training your puppy to be home alone, and this is because many dogs and pets that aren’t very well trained to be alone at home, and this can drive them crazy.
- Sixth: regarding your puppy health condition, you need to be aware of the importance of vaccination, at first, you need find a good vet and take your new puppy to a good vet for a checkup. , so that you can determine whether your dog is healthy or not, so you can prevent your dog from serious health issues.
Signs Of 6-Weeks Old Puppy Illness
In addition, you need to know that puppies are just like a human child, there are huge chances of illness in a 6-week old puppy, and there are several and many common symptoms that your 6 weeks old puppy may suffer from, and these signs may include the following:
- difficulty in breathing
- Not gaining weight according to age;
- Red eyes, discharge from eyes;
- Swelling in the abdomen;
So, if you noticed these symptoms, you need to contact your vet as soon as possible, in order to provide the puppy with a suitable vaccination.
Extra Care Of 6-Weeks Old Puppy
You also need to play with the puppy, as this will make your furry tiny four-legged friend feel happy and moreover, it is important to consider that puppies need stimulation as well as proper exercise regularly.
So, a final word, Owning a dog is one of the most enjoyable and challenging tasks that require patience, it is as well a lifelong commitment with a variety of responsibilities. But remember that it all depends and relies on, so as long as you can meet these responsibilities, you and your new puppy will be happy forever.