It has always been known that Japan is the planet of magical and cutest things ever; japan is also famous for being an animal-loving countries, as you can find that every family own a cute animals like hamsters, rabbits, cats, and dogs.
But dogs especially are very popular among the Japanese family, as they consider them a family member; Japanese people love their dogs and love to spoil them! Sometimes they even dress them up in fancy colorful clothes.
And Japanese dogs are incredibly loyal; they comfort, protect, and love their owners unconditionally, they are just not only cute and cuddly , but also they can effortlessly calm you down even in the most stressful situations with their adorable little face and funny quirks, and this is what makes the Japanese dogs superior to any other pet out there, so if you are considering owning a dog, why not just own a Japanese dog breed.
In this article we are going to reveal the top Japanese dog breeds that you can own, so don’t give it a second thought, and check this out.
The Akita dog is considered to be one of the cutest and most loyal and intelligent breeds in the world, making it a popular choice. Although Akita takes more energy to take care of, the reward is everlasting faith loyalty and cuteness.
- Akita dog is 26 inches (66 cm) tall and weighs up to 120 lbs (54 kg).
- Akita is muscular and well-proportioned with a broad head, pointed ears, and almond eyes as well. Akita breed can have different colors including red, fawn, sesame, brindle, pure white or black and with a life span of 11-15 years.
- And while talking about Akita, we have to mention the most well-known Akita which is he famous Hachiko, this dog became a symbol of loyalty in Japanese culture, that waited for his owner at Shibuya Station to return home from work each day, even after he passed away.
- You can find now a statue outside Shibuya Station to remember this faithful dog and his story, and even Hachiko’s mounted remains are exhibited at the National Science Museum of Japan.
- You can have also the American Akita a large, powerful dog, that is not a breed for everyone, the American Akita is famous for having a bear head and small eyes, in addition to thick double coats.
- This breed has a unique combination of dignity, courage, alertness, and Unconditional; devotion to its family.
A small sized dog with a hugely intelligent and independent personality that was originally bred for hunting. This 20-pound Japanese dog breed is admired by all for its cheeky “smiling” faces, its handsome features.
This breed looks like a fox with its prick ears, orange and white coat and almond eyes, its outer coat is stiff and straight and the undercoat soft and thick. Shiba also may have different colors including red, black and tan, sesame, or cream.
So let’s welcome the Kishu or Kishu Ken, which is descended from ancient medium-sized breeds, and has been around for thousands of years.
- Kishu which is named after the Kishu region resembles the Akita and Shiba Inu in build, but Kishu comes with triangle face, prick ears and long, curled tail.
- Kishu’s coat comes mainly in white, black, red and sesame. White is the most common coat color.
- This breed is very well known for being tough, agile, and friendly, in addition to its affectionate towards children.
- Kishu is also very intelligent, alert, competitive, playful, and loyal, in other word Kishu is a person dog breed.
Do-ken, Ainu-ken, and Ainu Dog, this is the super dog of the Spitz family, this breed is medium in size, it has small eyes and ears, with strong bones, thick skin, a coat of long, stiff fur, and a second, shorter coat of soft fur, and unwavering stamina, which make it bear extreme cold weather and snow.
- Hokkaido may vary in colors, so you may find colors include red, white, black, tiger, sesame, and wolf-gray.
- This breed is known for its phenomenal sense of smell, which can help find the way back home from hundreds of miles afar.
- Hokkaido is very faithful to its owner, as Hokkaido loves its family and will stick by their side no matter what happens.
- And for kid’s parents, no worries, Hokkaido adores kids and will show affection with kisses hugs, cuddles, and an eagerness to play and take care of your kids.
Tosa Ken, Tosa Token, which is famous for being the muscle of the Japanese dog breeds, Japanese Fighting Dog, or Japanese Mastiff, Tosa that is weighing up to 200 lbs has a massive head and square muzzle. In addition to its jaws which are wide and powerful, with velveteen ears that hang down on the sides of the head, besides its short and smooth coat that is often red, brindle, or fawn.
Tosa is much known for being e fearless and protective as a guard dog, but also Tosa prefers to spend most of their time indoors with their owner.
A side note: This huge Japanese dog breed is not recommended for first-time dog owners as Tosa needs a steady and experienced owner.
A companion small to medium dog, with all-white coat consisting of long, dense fur, a small head with prick ears, dark eyes and a pointed face, in addition to long, heavily covered with long fur tail.
- This dog is famous for being a little spitfire highly obedient, alert, and playful that thrives on outdoor environments, in addition to having a natural security alarm system making it a perfect watchdog.
- This breed as well as craves human attention and ideal companion for older people and small children, as it loves cuddles and attention.