These days there are too many studies and researches about raw meat and how dangerous raw meat is for our health. That’s why many experts are warning us regarding neglecting to clean the counters properly after placing raw meat on them as this can lead to serious health issues and illnesses.
And if you are a pet and dog owner you may wonder about the connection and link between furry four-legged pets and raw meat, although dogs and wolves came from a common ancestor, feeding your dog raw meat still is a point to consider and think too much about, dogs do need requirement for meat in their diets, but the meat should be cooked or not this is the question.
Types Of Food Fit For Dogs
It is very well known that dog will eat almost anything you give and serve to it, that’s why as your responsibility as a dog parent and a pet owner, you still have to be aware of what you’re feeding your dog, and regarding dogs and meat you have to know as well, the types are meat are good for your dog, in addition to the ways of preparing and serving it to your dog.
So, Just as many people are trying to eat less processed food and meat to improve their health, some dog owners are trying to apply this on their pets, as they are turning away from conventional pet food. That’s why you may find some owners are introducing to their dogs “butcher’s dog” diet of raw meat, so in this article we will dig a little deeper to know more about dogs and raw meat, and we will reveal if it is okay to feed our dogs raw meat or not, and focus on the danger and probably benefits of raw meat diet to our dogs.
But first, we need to ask a very crucial question which is what is raw meat?
What is Raw Meat?
Well, raw meat is the meat without cooking, and this may include the following: muscles which are still on the bones, bones, organ meats, in addition to kidneys, livers, lungs, hearts…, along with raw eggs chicken eggs, duck eggs or other eggs without cooking.
So, now let’s move on to the most important question, is it okay to serve raw meat to our dog? in other words, can dogs eat meat or not?
Can Dogs Eat Raw Meat?
So, if you are willing to hear a straight and clear answer, the answer here is a little bit complicated, as it is maybe, as raw meat can be too beneficial for dogs if you take the proper safety precautions and rules to provide your dog a balanced diet.
So you need to follow certain rules regarding serving raw meat to your furry four-legged pets;
How To Serve Raw Meat To Dogs?
- First of all, you need to serve your dog enough variety of meat, not just one type or kind of meat.
- You need also to consider serving and introducing organ meats to your dog, as they include many nutrients and minerals not found in the rest of the meat, which can boost and develop the health of the liver, heart, and giblets.
- You need also to be aware to keep the raw meat refrigerated and frozen and it should never be thawed on the counter, also you have to consider washing and cleaning your dog’s bowls with hot, soapy water after every meal.
- You need as well to consider to remove any kinds and types of tiny bones that may be found in meat, you have also to make sure to rinse the meat properly, and get rid of any added chemicals for preservation
- The next step is to make sure all meat is not seasoned. As herbs, Seasoning is very harmful and toxic in addition to being too strong for your dog’s stomach.
Well, now it is the time to reveal the health benefits of feeding our dog’s raw meat:
Benefits Of Raw Meat To Dogs
- Raw meat can boost and increase your dog’s energy, it is also able to develop your dog teeth health as it reduces plaque and tartar, in addition to making your dog’s skin, fur, and coat more shiny and silky.
- Moreover, raw meat is easier indigestion, and also raw bones are easier to dogs chewing, raw meat as well is higher nutrition.
On the other hand, and even though raw meat can be beneficial for your dog, but it also has some dangers, risks, and probable side effects that may include the following:
Many experts and vets suggested that raw meat and uncooked meat contain bacteria and pathogens which are very harmful to your dog’s health, in addition, The raw bones like small bones as chicken bones can harm your dog intestine tract and can lead also to choking hazard.
so a final word, before serving and introducing raw meat to your dog diet, you need to contact your vet to take a permission and to ensure that your dog doesn’t have any allergic reaction to raw meat, in addition, you need to not give up on fruits and vegetables, in addition to trying to take step by step of the process, and needless to mention that you have to be aware of the sources of buying raw meat, also making sure that there is good preservation of the raw meat, as this can protect your meat from catching any kind of bacteria.
If you believed that your dog ate too much raw meat, and you noticed anything abnormal you have to contact your vet as soon as possible and remember that regarding feeding your dog any kind of food that moderation is the key,