Beans are one of the staples on our meals, these beans are tasty delicious and healthy as well, so if you are on a veggies diet, and if one of your friends decided to send you unexpected healthy gift, like beans to lose weight, so while you are enjoying your beans salad, your furry four-legged friend approached, your pet is watching you eat, and its beautiful eyes are begging you to give some beans, but you are in trouble now, and you are wondering and asking yourself if is safe to feed your dog some tasty beans or not? .
So if your dog is really bored form everything you serve to and you are looking for a nutritious treat to give your growing puppy, you have to make sure that all kinds of foods your dog is having is very beneficial and healthy, as many dogs are experiencing a rising trend toward obesity, so back to the green beans topic, in this article we will get to know if can green beans work well for puppies, And if so, what health benefits do they offer as well, in addition to the risks and dangers of overeating green beans and many more, so don’t miss this topic.. keep reading and stay tuned xoxo
So today’s question is … can we safely share some beans with our dogs or not?
Can Dogs Eat Beans?
So, the short clear answer is yes, beans are a safe food for dogs to eat. In addition, they are non-toxic and have vitamins and minerals that can be beneficial to your four-legged friend.
And, now let’s move on to the health and beneficial benefits of beans?
Benefits Of Beans For Dogs
- Beans are full of important vitamins and minerals, including fiber, , magnesium, in addition to Vitamins include A, C, and K, all beneficial to your dog’s physical health. which can help dogs and humans feel full when they are dieting, along with a dose of omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, folic acid, iron, potassium, and beta-carotene.
- Moreover, all of these healthy nutrients are essential for digestive well-being and have also been linked to heart health, lower levels of cholesterol and stabilizing blood sugar levels, along with being low in calories and being stuffed with fiber, green beans contribute to make your dog has a feeling of fullness which makes it useful if you are trying to keep your dog’s weight in check, and this happens when the stomach fills after consuming a meal and at that moment the hormones release into the blood and travel to the brain to tell it that your dog is full and doesn’t want to eat anymore…. Isn’t it magic?!!
- In addition, beans help to support a strong, healthy immune system, along with helping your dog body absorb more calcium, leading to stronger bones, and protecting against eyesight degeneration in older age.
Also, there is a new diet called a green beans diet, and if you want your dog to adopt this trend you need to do the following:
Green Beans Diet For Dogs
- The first day consists of replacing 10 percent of your dog’s normal diet with green beans for two to three days. Then so you have to decrease the dog food an additional 10 percent while adding 10 percent more beans for another two to three days. , then follow these steps until your dog is eating 50 percent dog food and 50 percent green beans.
- Finally, when your dog reaches to its ideal weight, you will have to reduce the amount of green beans and replace them with dog food 10 percent, until you realize that your dog is eating 100 percent dog food, but it is important to say as well that this so-called green beans diet is not advisable by a lot of vets, so if you want to adopt this diet, you have to ask your veterinarian for a consultation in addition to doing blood work or other tests before implementing the green bean diet.
And now let’s know more about the dangers and risks of overfeeding your dog beans.
Risks Of Beans For Dogs
Although green beans are healthy and beneficial for your dog to eat, but still overeating green beans can lead to too much serious health issue to your dogs and these health issues may include the following:
If your dog eats too many beans, your pet will suffer from nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.health issues may include the following ver eating green beans can lead to too much serious health, as it contains too much protein which will lead to this, moreover, eating too many beans and on a long term basis causes weak immune system, in addition, your dog can experience choking in case that some beans are served in form of being a whole large uncooked beans bites.
You need to consider as well that your dog may suffer from beans allergy, and the symptoms of this allergy may include the following: weakness, diarrhea, itching, in addition to loss of appetite, nausea, runny nose, along with skin rash, vomiting, and watery eye.
However, you need to serve and kind of beans to your dog, a cooked or steamed green beans, but without adding any kinds of oil, seasonings, or garlic and onion, as all these may be very toxic and harmful to your dog.
So, all in all, a final thought, yes, you can serve your dog beans, as they are considered to be a wonderful snack for your dog, While they can certainly aid in weight loss, they should be also served in moderation to your dog and not in a regular basis.
They should be served cooked and plain, you need to mix them in with your furry pet’s food, you can reward your dog some beans for good behavior, in other words, so feel free to feed your dog some green beans, but be aware not to be too free, so if you followed that tips we have mentioned in this article, you will be on the safe side, and your furry four-legged friend will thank you.