As a responsible dog owner or a pet parent, it’s important and crucial to making a fully detailed search and wonders about many essential and key questions when it comes to feeding your dog human foods, although many of us think that all veggies and fruits are okay and safe for our dogs to eat, we need to consider first if these foods are safe for our pets to consume or not because dogs digestive tract is not like ours two-legged folks.
Pear For Dogs
- So, back to fruits, pears.. who doesn’t love to enjoy this tasty fruit, pears are crisp and refreshing treats for a hot day, pears as well are among the most popular local fruit varieties.
- Also, pears can be used in many plates and recipes, they can be added to some pies like apple pie, so we can have a pear pie as well, we can enjoy eating pear along with different kinds of fruits in a bowl that includes a fruit salad.
- We can enjoy some slices of pears as a healthy and refreshing treat in hot weather or even if we feel down and in a need to have a healthy and refreshing sweet snack.
Is Pear Good For Dogs?
- So, imagine this situation: It’s a hot, sunny day and you, and your furry four-legged dog is lying by the pool, and then you head to the kitchen as you remember that big plate of fruit that is sitting in the refrigerator.
- But then you find out that your dog is approaching and watching you while eating this, so you are stuck now, what about your pup? Can you share this meal with us or not?.
- Of course, if you are a responsible dog owner and a parent, you will be sure that this food is okay and safe before serving it to your dog, so regarding serving pears to your dog or not, no worries.
In this article, we will talk about dogs and pears, and we will find out if is it safe to feed our dogs pears or not, in addition to digging a little deeper to know the health benefits of feeding dogs pears, along with the risks and dangers of overeating pears, and many more tips and tricks
So, the first question that should be revealed, is it okay to feed our dogs pears, in other words, can dog eat pears?
Can Dogs Eat Pear?
Good thing you’re here because I have some great news for you and other pear-lovers, yes dogs can eat pears, so, Pears are ok for dogs to eat if you prepare them properly, and they are not toxic to your dogs.
Great, so what are the health benefits of pears, or why should dogs eat pears?
Benefits Of Pear For Dogs
- First of all, pears are filled with essential vitamins like A, B1, B2, C, E, and K, along with copper, niacin, folic acid, potassium, phosphorus, and pectin.
- Also, pears are stuffed with fiber and antioxidants.
- Moreover, pears play a vital role in fighting cancer, preventing t cell deterioration, and preventing issues that are common with age, also pears are capable of fighting many forms of degenerative diseases and, in addition to boosting the immune system.
- It is important to mention that pears can develop the brain and promote regular brain function, also pears can regulate your dog mood, because of serotonin and norepinephrine.
- Pears are also a key essential for a healthy heart, as they can regulate and boost your dog’s heart function, along with boosting the bone’s health and increasing bone density.
But one the other hand, and even though pears are very healthy and beneficial, overeating pears can be not good and lead to some health issues and problems like the following :
Risks Of Pear For Dogs
- First of all, pears, are high in sugar so be careful about giving it to your dog if the dog is suffering from diabetes, also, eating and consuming too many ripe pears can cause digestive problems like diarrhea and stomach ache, so if your dog ate too much ripe pears and you noticed something unusual, then you need to contact your vet as soon as possible.
- You have as well to skip and stay away from feeding your dog pear’s seeds, as the seeds contain cyanide which is very harmful and toxic to dogs.
- You have as well to be careful not to serve your dog pear cores, as Such a large core could cause blockage in the dog’s intestinal tract.
And now let’s wrap up some serving tips and tricks:
How To Serve Pear To Your Dog?
- First of all, before serving any kind of human food including veggies and fruits to your dog, you need to contact your vet to make sure that your furry four-legged puppy is not suffering from any allergy.
- Then it’s okay to feed your dog pear, but this should be done in moderation, moreover, so regarding the number of pears that you should serve to your dog, you need to stick and follow the 10% rule. So pears can make up 10% of the calories in your dog’s diet.
- It is important to remember not to give your dog a whole pear, as this can easily lead to a choking hazard, also not to give your dog canned or candied pears as it contains very high quantities of sugar which is not good to your dog, so stay away from this.
- You have to remove the stem, core, and any seeds and cut the pear into slices before serving it to your dog.
- Needless to mention that you have to rinse the skin of the pears to get rid of all the chemicals, pesticide residue, dirt.
After following these tips and tricks, now you can your dog enjoying healthy and juicy fruit happily.